Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Holiday Garb

Though it's now spring here in Wisconsin, I decided to belatedly post something about the blouse I made to wear to a holiday gathering last December.  

I/we were invited to a mid-December party, being held at a neighbor's home.  I needed something festive to wear and I wanted it to be something new!  So, I visited the nearby Joann Fabrics store.  It's less than two miles from my home.  Once in the store, I located a pattern I had seen featured on an internet site.  I then looked around the store for awhile, to choose fabrics I liked.  I wanted something for the main body, plus a few accent pieces.  I knew I'd be adding some embellishments from my own stash (I always do).

The pattern I chose is shown below.






These are the three fabrics I picked. 




I often gather up potential embellishment elements before I start a project.



I added some of these embellishments to my blouse.



Antique net lace was stitched to the yoke.


Other vintage laces and trims were used as well.






Sequins and beads!
Current sewing projects usually hang on the door to my sewing/art studio.  As you might notice, I initially added elastic to the waist, as shown in one view of the pattern.  I tried the blouse on and didn't like the look.  Out came the seam ripper and the elastic and casing disappeared.



Hot Fix crystals were applied atop the lace on the yoke. 



Ta da!  Ready for the party!




No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Wall Quilt Show, Portage, WI

I have a quilt in the current Wall Quilt Show at the Portage Center for the Arts!  See my photos. My quilt is titled “In the Shade of the Ol...