Sunday, July 7, 2019

A Return to the John C. Campbell Folk School



I recently had the pleasure of visiting this wonderful spot
for the second time!  I signed up for "Dyeing Naturally"
to better my limited knowledge of natural dyes.   This class
took place from June 23 -29th.

I encourage everyone to take a class at the Folk School.  It
is a wonderful place run by wonderful people.  If you do
take a class, I encourage you to soak in everything the school
has to offer!

Please view my photos below.

Pastoral campus of the John C. Campbell Folk School:





















The pieces shown below are a few of my results from
the natural dyeing workshop. I was happy with the
projects I completed in class.  The teacher, Pat Armstrong,
was excellent.

Indigo-dyed t-shirts: 
















Eco printed silk scarf (on left).  "Iron blanket" used
in this process is on the right.




















Indigo-dyed vintage (cotton) lace.  I love and collect
vintage lace.  I took some of it with me to North
Carolina.  I will likely affix this lace to a clothing
project down the road.
















Thought I'd add a pic of the rental car I was using
during my trip.  This Nissan Versa is close in size to my
Honda Fit.  Photo taken in the Hertz garage at Hartsfield-
Jackson Airport, in Atlanta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Wall Quilt Show, Portage, WI

I have a quilt in the current Wall Quilt Show at the Portage Center for the Arts!  See my photos. My quilt is titled “In the Shade of the Ol...