Thursday, July 25, 2019

Beginning Seminole Patchwork Workshop


"Beginning Seminole Patchwork" is a workshop I enjoy teaching!  Students use simple sewing
and rotary cutting-techniques to create complex-looking designs.  Students will make three
different samples.  This class is geared toward beginners.  A bit of experience using a straight stitch sewing machine is  needed.  If you haven't used a rotary cutter, I can show you how.

Contact me if you'd like me to teach this class in your area!


.








































Student work from a previous class:




















Shown below:  Seminole piecing I later used for
a quilt, "Seminole Surprise" (shown at bottom).  Note,
I am using my Singer Featherweight to do the piecing.



































I made the vest shown below in 2005.
"Twinkling Vesta Fiesta" features some
simple Seminole checkerboard piecing.




























I pieced some strawberry prints, along with a few
other fabrics, to include in a vest.  See more on this
vest in my May 31, 2018 post.























All text and images ©️Suzanne Myers Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Wall Quilt Show, Portage, WI

I have a quilt in the current Wall Quilt Show at the Portage Center for the Arts!  See my photos. My quilt is titled “In the Shade of the Ol...